Volunteer Registration is Now Open!
Please see volunteer shift details below for reference before filling out the volunteer registration form. We are grateful to our event volunteers and appreciate your support as always in ensuring the event is a true success!
Pre-Event Volunteer Opportunities:
- June 3 | Goody Bags: Volunteers will help to stuff goody bags with sponsor swag the weekend before the event at the Seattle Animal Shelter conference room.
- June 10 | Early Packet Pick-up: Volunteers will support with early packet pick-up at a to be confirmed Mud Bay location the day before the event. iPads will be provided and volunteers will check-in participants through the online Run Signup registration portal. Participants can pick-up their goody bags, bibs, and t-shirts at this time.
Day-of Event Opportunities:
- Registration: Setup registration tables, register participants, pass out race packets, t-shirts, and goody bags, solve registration problems, enter race participant numbers using 10-key or computer, dog wrangling.
- Logistics: Load equipment onto the truck; distribute, set up and break down tents and tables, pack truck. This team is the backbone of the event. The duties require lifting of bins/equipment. This team will travel back to the Seattle Animal Shelter after the race and unpack the truck as well.
- Race Course: Set up and take down race course, set up finish line, water stations, and direct runners along the course. It is important to be on time for this volunteer shift, if you are late you'll have to try to catch up and connect with your group out on the race course!
- Gear Truck & Info Booth: Volunteers will help direct day-of-race volunteers, greet race participants, distribute 'doggie bandanas,' answer questions, and provide general race information to the public. Some will work the gear truck, helping participants to check-in their belongings, should they choose to do so.
Volunteer Day-of Details:
- Volunteer Check-in: Check-in at the volunteer booth next to the registration area at the entrance of the park upon arrival.
- Volunteer T-Shirts: We will distribute t-shirts at volunteer check-in however they are the same as the 2019 and 2022 t-shirts - so please bring if you still have your t-shirts from our last in-person race!
- Covid-19: As a reminder, in alignment with the Seattle Animal Shelter COVID guidelines, the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is requesting for all volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Weather Forecast: Keep an eye on the weather forecast and be prepared for anything; a hot day and sun or cool temps and rain.
- Food & Beverage: Recommend bringing a lunch or you can purchase food at the food trucks, and bring water to stay hydrated. Snacks and small beverages will be available in the volunteer tent as well.
- Dogs: The Furry 5K is a great event for dogs but please, if you are volunteering day-of-race, leave your dog at home! As a volunteer, you will be very busy!
Questions? Please direct any questions to email@example.com